From:
Jim Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 1996 00:20:20 -0400
Hello!  It's about time I write on the FML.  I read it very often and really
enjoy the funny stories and new and interesting information.  I have five
ferrets of my own; Barney, Elmo, Sassy, Sydney, and Dixie.  I am so glad
that I have found such wonderful pets.  I write a ferret newspaper called
The Ferretteer.  We distribute it to all of the pet stores, and vet offices
in the surrounding cities.  In Michigan where I live, it is very hard to
come by information about ferrets(at least in the area where I live).  Even
many vets that treat ferrets don't seem to know enough about them.  So, that
is one of the reasons I write this paper, to better educate ferret owners.
It is Bi-monthly and there are informative articles, poems, stories, photos,
and just about anything that has to do with ferrets.  I really enjoy writing
for the paper and getting all of the information together.  I need some more
people to write in the paper.  I would appreciate it a great deal if any of
you would be intersted in helping me out.  I already have some people from
the FML that have written things for The Ferretteer, and they suggested I
post this asking for anyone who would be interested in writing.  You get
full credit for what you submit, and you get a free copy of that issue sent
to you in the mail.

We also have a ferret club called The Ferreeteer Ferret Club.  So far we
have quite a few members and it seems to be growing every week.  I would
also like to hear any pointers that you may have to get a club really
rolling.  Perhaps you can give me some ideas for raising money for our club.
Right now we don't have a fee to join, but once we get more members we will.
I hope some of you help me out!  Thanks in advance!

Anyone interested in receiving our paper.. [send for pricing info... BIG]
[...]
And send to:          The Ferretteer
                      808 Shady Ln
                      Midland, MI 48640

I will be writing soon telling about all of the great stories about my
five buddies!

Amy Festian