From:
weaselwoman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 19:53:07 -0500
My Smokey decided to follow Bandit to the Rainbow Bridge, and only 10
days after Bandit left.  I didn't hear from the vet all day yesterday and
when I called there was no one there.  What I didn't know was that they
closed the office due to the snow storm, and because the power was out
most of the day.  Of course I spent an awful night not knowing and
worrying, and hoping that no news was good news.

When I called the office this morning the news was not good.  Smokey was
having seizures, his hind end was paralysed, he was dehydrated still
despite sub-q fluids and he was in a lot of pain.  Cathy said she felt it
was best to help him to cross the Rainbow Bridge.  I asked Cathy if she
could do it when I got off work and she told me he was in a lot of pain.
I asked her if he could wait until I got down there because I needed to
be with him.  She emphasized that he was in pain.  I asked her if she
could give him something for pain and make him as comfortable as possible
until I got there.  I really didn't want him passing alone.  Cathy agreed
that she could do that and I told her I would be there ASAP.  It was
storming again today.  The trip usually take about 50 minutes and today
it took me 90 minutes to get there.  When I arrived, they went to get
Smokey so I could sit with him for a few minutes alone and he had JUST
stopped breathing.  I didn't have a chance to say good bye or to tell him
about the bridge or to tell him to look for Bandit.  I can't stop crying.
I wasn't ready for this.  Well I am never ready for something like this,
but it was too soon after Bandit and I wasn't with him.

Sandee please let him know how hard I tried to be with him, and tell him
how much I love him and will miss him.  Also if it isn't too much trouble
please help him find Bandit and all the others.  (Moxey, Baby.  Mitzy,
Sandy, Toby, Bear, Daisy, Beasley and Murphy)

Missing 11 "Little Angels" @ the Bridge
Sally St. Germain and her 9 "Little Saints"
Hi.....my name is Sally.....I am a ferret-a-holic!!!!!