From:
"A. ANCHIETA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 1997 23:55:16 -0700
Greetings Everybody!!!

It is snowing!  Now that isn't big news to you people back east, but I am in
Las Cruces, New Mexico.  Right in the middle of the Chihuahuan Desert.
These clouds must have made a wrong turn somewhere.  So far we have about
three inches (I know that's nothing to some people) and it is supposed to
continue snowing through the night.  I just had to take the ferrets out in
it.  They all had a different reaction to it.  They were taken out one at a
time.  No one was out more than a minute because I didn't want to freeze
them.

Dusty-He was the first to go out and seemed to LOVE it.  He tunneled and
snorkeled his way around the yard.  He didn't even come up for air!  Just
tunneled until he made it back to the front of the house.

Mordecai-He didn't seem too enthused while he was out in it.  He was trying
to jump through it on his little ferret legs.  He took one nose dive and
snorkeled for a few inches.  Then he popped back up and started running
again.  He went absolutely crazy when he came back inside.

Cassie-She liked the snow pretty well.  She did a combo of running and
snorkeling.  For some reason she ran to the fence though.  I guess she
thought she would make a break for it.  Everyone else just ran in circles
inside the yard.

We will probably take them out again sometime tomorrow.  There should be
even more snow then.  I can't wait to go out and play in the snow.  I guess
I will do that tomorrow too.  We don't have any snowboots or mittens or
anything though.

I tried the sock thing at first and the ferrets just wouldn't take it.  They
went out nude and were held in front of the oven when they came back in.
Well, Mordy wasn't.  He went crazy and was uncatchable for a few minutes.

Amy & Rene

Dusty, Mordecai, & Cassie
+
Mimi (the cat who was run into by Mordecai, you should have seen her face!)