From:
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 10:34:07 EDT
Hello fellow ferret friends,

Well last week was fairly a quiet one, 5 ferrets came in to the shelter
and 6 got adopted out!  And 2 found a foster mom.  This leaves only 35
ferrets at the shelter and the adoption center.

Everyone is doing pretty good health wise.  Bigfoot had his surgery, the
nasty tumor is gone along with his entire lower rear leg.  It looks good
though, a bit swollen and brused.  I let him out for a bit with his sister
and he is trying to walk but he takes a step and rolls to the left, step
and roll.  He was very comical doing this and he chittered the whole time.
He did do a few normal steps and I know soon he will adjust to his new
handicap.  you can see in his eyes that he feels so much better than he
did when he got here.  Do-be-do is at the vets, he was the one that came
to me with heatstroke and a BSL of 43, not on meds and sezuring for 2
weeks.  We are trying to get a complete Bw sent in but his PCV is so high
that we can't spin enough serium to do the whole thing.  He will be on IV
fluids for a few days to thin out the blood a bit, have his BW sent in
again and just try to determine what the heck is going on with him.  He
is such a sweet little guy, and we sure miss him here at the shelter.

One of the new rescues is at the vets also.  Oatmeal came in with a large
hard lump on his left back side.  I was told he was injured 2 yrs ago,
never brought to the vet, but for some reason brought him there a yr after
the injury to have the lump checked.  They were told it was his ribs, 4
of them, they had been broken and healed in a lump on his back.  Oatmeal
is at the vets geting new x-rays done just to make sure we know what is
really going on with him.

Friday after work my friend Brenda and I had to go to the Yermo, Cal agg
station to pick up a ferret.  The story was the man drove from Minn, with
the feret, knowing they were ilegal to own there, and told the agg guys
to keep her, he didn't have a place to keep her anyways.  i named her
Mini-soda, because she is little and sweet.  She is a face washer and
loves to snuggle, she will be ready for adoption this week.

Well I found a home, a beautiful large house, close to work.  The only
problem is it is a very high rent, so I'm looking for a roommate.  Luckly
this is only a temp situation til my friends Arjay and Chris buy a new
house and basically give me there old one to live in, with a much more
afordable rent!

So a pretty good week, lets see what this week brings!

Take care all,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter
"where ferrets are treated like gold"