From:
"Scarlet L." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:09:34 -0500
Hi everyone,

Jennifer from Phoenix here.  My 5 year old male, CJ has had two adrenal
surgeries in the past two years.  His last one was back in October.  Since
then he has been very lethargic.  He seem to be a bit better a couple of
weeks after the surgery but now when I open the cage door for play time
he either pokes his head up and goes back to sleep or he comes out, does
a little inspection and finds another place to sleep.  He also has not
regained all his hair like he did the first time around.  Other than that
he is eating and pooping regularly.  He still gives kisses and doesn't
appear to be in any pain.  I'm going to make an appointment at the vet to
have him checked out.  Someone mentioned to be that he should be getting
lupron (sp?) shots and my vet never mentioned that to me.  He is currently
going to the Mesa Animal Hospital which has been great but they are very
expensive.  His adrenal surgery ran me about $1000 where back in Mass.
where we are from it cost less that $400.  If anyone could recommend
someone to me in the area that would be great.  We live in Ahwatukee but
I would be willing to travel for a great vet.

Thanks so much!
Jennifer, CJ, Cindy, & Petey