From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2012 18:14:12 -0400
Here is a recap of a very special day that brought a little DMK kid -
Scardy Cat to our shelter on January 6, 2008 - leaving the shelter on
June 10, 2012

Ooooooo Weee! Boy did we have a storm blow in here this week end. Name
you say? Hurricane Renee'. See mum got this call on Sunday morning
about 4:30 the person says to mum did I wake you up? Coarse mum says
NO. It was Miss Renee telling mum she was almost to the Buffalo exit,
she was going to take a couple hours nap then call Miss Cathy R to have
her come meet up with Renee to pick up the DMK kids that are coming to
live here. Mum says Okey Dokey. At 7:50 am another call comes in from
Miss Renee telling mum that Miss Cathy R was on her way to meet up with
her, was mum aware that mum was getting another challenge? (Biter). Mum
says yes sir'ee. So, Mum goes about her business taking care of old
lady Kay, when mum gets home she finds Miss Stephanie here to drop off
her kids for camp, then Miss Kristie pulls in, she says did you get
your messages? Nope; mum says just got home. Miss Kristie informs mum
that Miss Renee is on her way to Naples she will be here about 10:30.
It was 10:25 AM right then. Soooooooo Mum says what is going on she was
in Buffalo meeting Miss Cathy R. Well seems Miss Cathy R. was not aware
she needed carriers to bring the kids so there was no way she could
take them for mum, Miss Renee made an about face and came to Naples
to drop the kids off. When mum got into the house she found lots of
messages from Miss Cathy R. and Miss Renee. Mum gets some of us kids
put away, gets Miss Stephanie kids out in the play rooms and in blows
the storm. (We love you Miss Renee) Miss Renee says the first thing she
needed to do is see the "little room" any biters in there? Then mum
and Miss Renee went out to the car to get kids, mum brings the little
challenge in first. We think her name is Bloom but we are not sure yet,
mum says she needs to wait for her personality to come through. Anyway
Bloom is settled in the store, mum goes back out to the car to see what
next. Miss Renee takes a cage out with 5 kids all snuggled in the
hammock looking at us with little questioning eyes. Miss Renee says to
mum pick your 4. Mum says I can't pick, so they; Mum and Miss Renee
decided to take the first 4 that popped their little heads out of the
cage. Only trouble with that theory is only 3 popped their heads out.
The other 2 held back so Miss Renee scooped them out and held them up
said to mum what one? Mum stood there looking at them thinking how
does she choose? They are all in the same cage snuggled up in the same
hammock, and mum is going to tell one of them that they are being left
behind? Mum says to Miss Renee, what one is picked to go to someone?
Miss Renee says neither. Mum plucked them both out of Miss Renee's
hands tucked them into the carrier she was using to take them into the
house. Miss Renee says hey that is 5; Mum says hey your right they will
all fit in the one cage I have for them so they do not get separated.
That is how mum went from 4 to 6 DMK kids. Then Mum and Miss Renee had
paper work to do. Mum got the paper work done, Miss Renee had a cup of
cocoa, then mum got Miss Renee's kids out into the play yard for some
romp, while Miss Renee cleaned up some cages in the car, then Miss
Renee brought a couple of DMK kids to romp out there too. After Miss
Renee left Mum was in stitches laughing at the new kids jumping and
dancing. They are in the isolation room for now. Mum says they are
beautiful kids, she can not wait to watch them bloom into wonderful
happy fur kids that no longer have to fight for food, fight for a place
to stay warm or to survive. So that is the storm that blew in... Mum is
so very pooped.

Sadly our little Scardy Cat slipped away for Rainbow Bridge this
afternoon, leaving her sissy Puck and brother Big Foot behind. Fly
high little one you will be missed.

Shelter mum