From:
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 11:49:02 EST
I heard from a manager from a small Petstore in Las Vegas that they will
no longer be selling ferets, horray!  Why, because she said MF had gone up
on the price of their kits and will now charge shippping.  I look at this
as good news for shelters.  This may stop small petstores from selling
them and large ones to go up one the price and maybe deter impulse buying
of kits.  Maybe I'm dreaming but I can hope!  If anyone knows if this is
really true, please let us know.

Also, I have a friend that moved to Az right by the LV border, I have
worked with them for a few years and they do small scale ferret rescue.
I'm proud to say they are doing great work and we are now officially
working together for the good of the ferrets!  We can now divide up the
older ferrets, biters, etc.  And we have plenty of room to take in
whatever we need to take in.  Also having the adoption center at Petsmart
has been a godsend, more people know about my shelter and we are having
great success at adoptions and turn ins.  This new year will hopefully
be a great one for the shelter.  We are also looking to relocate and make
the shelter even better!

Thanks to all who have beleived in me and kept me going through the rough
times!

CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter
Las Vegas, Nv