From:
Alicia Cali <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 16:17:09 -0400
I've only been receiving FML for the past few weeks, thanks to Dr. Purcell.
I was hoping not to write in with saddening news so soon.  However after
rushing my 4 year old female, Charisma, to the hospital yesterday not only
because she couldn't seem to keep anything in her stomach but I didn't like
her behavior; I've just been told that she's experiencing kidney failure.

She's been a fighter for almost a year now dealing w/chronic diarrhea,
taking several medications and making several visits to many different
doctors in hopes that someone would be able to cure her.  I finally found
Dr. Purcell, who's been wonderful.  Last week she had a biopsy which
determined she had an allergic/hypersensitivity disorder.  Her diet was
then changed to all turkey w/vitamin supplements and placed on pediapred.
She seemed to be making progress.  However, yesterday she kept her head to
the floor and back in the air as she would just nod off and fall over on
her side.  Not only was she refusing the food but when I did get her to
lick it off my fingers, it would only upset her stomach.  She will be put
into ICU this evening and given the normal kidney procedure.  I guess my
question is...is there any chance once the kidneys begin to fail?

Please pray for Charisma.

Alicia Cali