From:
Amy Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2006 17:00:28 -0700
I'm not taking Marshall's side in this whole debate about what they
need to do, but Marshall's themselves are not sending ferrets to the
shelters--uninformed, impulsive-buying, irresponsible and ignorant people
are overwhelming these shelters.  We need to get the petstores that sell
these ferrets to make sure they are selling to actual ferret lovers, not
fly-by-night-oh-isn't-that-so-cute-I-have-to-have-1/2/3-OH-MY-GOD-I-
actually-have-to-take-care-of-these-things!!  kind of people.  I am
owned by 11 fuzzies-10 rescues from my local animal shelter (which is not
equiped for ferrets), and 1 from my boyfriends' cousin whose boyfriend
thought she needed a ferret--she neglected to tell him apparently that I
also took the 1st ferret she had about 10 years ago because she couldn't
take care of that 1!!!

Yes, it would be nice if these big farms could kick back tons of money,
but if they start giving all kinds of money out, they'll respond to their
lack of profits by making MORE fuzzies:( That's not what we want.

Just my opinion.