From:
David Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 18:20:32 -0800
Chapter 3:  Santa Claus

    "Oh," A voice came from behind Tiny and the ferrets.  "This is terrible.
Santa is distraught over this predicament.  Do try to cheer him up."
    "Woah,"  Maxie stated.  "Who are you?"  She grabbed a pawfuls of
raisins from the tray that the elderly woman was holding.
    "I am Mrs. Claus."  She answered.
    "Let's go in!"  Rosie exclaimed, pushing the bedroom door open.
    "Hello,"  Santa said.  He was wearing his red outfit and black boots,
his long, white beard lay in his lap.  He was sitting in a large chair in
the corner of the room next to the huge bed, which contained half a dozen
reindeer all bundled up in warm blankets.  One of the reindeer had a
curious, red glow to his nose.
    "What's wrong, Santa?"  The girls asked as they ran into the room an  d
climbed up onto Santa's shoulders and lap.
    "Woah,"  Sammi said.  "I could get lost in here."  She was playing in
his beard.  Maxie kissed Santa all over his rosy cheeks and forehead.
    "It's hopeless..."  Santa began.  "This Christmas is ruined."
    "We'll help you!"  Shiva declared, with very sincere eyes.
    "No,"  Santa answered.  "You should be getting back to your family.  I
have let everyone down this year."
    "There must be something we can do!"  Wiggles provided, snuggled in
Santa's arms.
    "Well,"  Santa replied, his face lightening up a bit.  "Tiny, do we
still have any more of that magic dust?"
    "Let me check!"  Tiny stated, running quickly from the room.  "It has
been so long since we needed it!"
    "Yes,"  Santa stated.  "Many, many years ago I sprinkled it on my
reindeer on the very first Christmas Eve!  It gave them the enchanted power
of flight, so that I could deliver all of my presents to all of the world.
Perhaps this Christmas will not be ruined after all!"

     (to be continued...for more details, check out:
http://home.aol.com/wildsidepu)