From:
dfrazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 04:34:17 -0500
Hi Everyone...

There are times when you run out of day before you run out of work..  and
when you hit a string of those that stretches into weeks you tend to forget
your manners in list of priorities. and I am no different than the other
humans I know..

I have been remiss in saying my thank yous..  to those who send the
anonymous shelter dollars..  to those who have sent polar fleece for
Beatrix's blankies [she needs around 6 fresh blankies a day with so many
changes because she is incontinent]..  to those who sent the treats with
fruit in them from the ferret store..  to those who have written me so many
notes and letters when Allegro died..  to those that sent the medicine they
didn't use at their shelter and we do use in special cases here..  and
especially a special thank you to Judith [ now a active teacher again!!
tada!] and the others who compile the shelter updates and the shelter list
recently sent out..  to BIG who has been the middle man for everything
anyone can think of that is ferret related and has been day in and day out
for so very very long..  to Lisa, a very special lady who has been holding
my hand thru the 501C application process and who spent a good deal of her
time setting up and then sending me the masters for the forms I needed to
have at this shelter now that I am placing ferrets so often and have lots
of applications for adoptions coming in..  to a special guy who walked in
and plopped a digital in my lap that has more bells and whistles that a
locomotive and takes grand pics and stores them on floppies..  then
blithely grinned and walked right back out before I could choke out a
decent thank you..  to the friends that do my web site for me..  and to my
server who will host a free site for the shelter and its wares when the 501
C interim finding comes back in the mail.  To the lady who made the package
of everything from magnets to stationery for the shelter to sell to raise
funds for medicines..  to the friend that sent some critical meds we needed
and had no time to track down and order..  and to every one who has written
and said they remember and they find what we do worth while in our lives
here with these four footed wonders we call ferrets..  that mail says a lot
to me..  just a post card or a note in the mail with a pic of a home ferret
can pick me up like little else whan I am tired and dirty and there is
still no end in sight..To all of you..  each and every one..  I could not
say thank you enough times in a life time..  and the real irony is that not
one of you expects or even misses those thank yous..  your hearts are that
big!

It makes me and I know others like me very humble when we see the generocity
and love you lavish on these little ones..  the caring you send us, the
shelter operators, every day..  Without you..  without all of you whether
your contribution is caring and notes or gifts for these fur children..
whether it's a cheery Hi sent in your busy lives or tangible things we can
feed or use to keep the kids warm or treats or little toys or things you
have made..  it's a gifts beyond price.  and far more valuable than I think
you can ever know.  And we sometimes only have a minute to send a God Bless
your way because we are barely getting the chores done cause a fuzzy needs
round the clock nursing done for a while..  But please know..  Your My
Ferret Angels..  and in this house..  your VERY SPECIAL FOLKS!

I have more than once opened a box that just 'got delivered' out of
nowhere..  and had to sit down and get myself together because such needed
things were in that package..  little soft many times used baby blankets..
a crocheted sleep sack..  little gifts for the kids that were not in any
way predictable or expected..  blessing out of the blue!  and yeah..  you
bet we cry..  When your scrubbing and cleaning and fixing..  those little
packages make everything I do easier and more fun and more meaningful.  We
do lose fuzzies..  They are called home by One who makes those decisions..
and nothing the vet or I can do changes that.  And we do the best we can..
me and the other ferrets..  but sometimes..  it's time and they cross over.
And that is so very hard for all of us.  They are so dear and so special..
and it seems so unfair they finally reach shelter and have so little good
time before its time to move on to the Bridge..  That also is part of
sheltering these precious little ones.  And those of you know what it does
to you inside to lose a fuzzy.  The day I do not fight like the dickens for
a ferret..  the day I do not weep at ones passing..  that is the day I will
stop sheltering.  To everything there is a season [as it is said] a time of
joy and a time to grieve..

The things and thoughts and love you send your shelter operator..  gives us
a strength in what we do that you cannot calculate..  please.. look at your
little ones..  and grab a pen or your computer..  and send a little note to
your favorite shelter operator..  even one little note of encouragement a
month has enormous imact.  Maybe you haven't got money or things to send..
that's ok..  truely it is..  and when your real flush..  plop in some good
old stamps to help with the snail mail stuff we do..  or something else
that suits you well and your budget!  Please know how very much your
appreciated..  every one of you..  forgive us when we neglect you and our
manners get lost in the crush of ferret needs..  we do not mean to slight
anyone ever.

and when you turn out the lights at night..  know shelter operators are
grateful every day..  THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU!

Take care Everyone..  I care....

dayna and the woozles
October 30, 1998  The Day The Music Died.  I love you Allegro... and will
miss you all of my days.