From:
cyndi johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2006 13:36:49 -0600
Caution...this is a little long

Hello everyone,

A couple of weeks ago I posted about my ferret Blaze that had sudden
lethargy & fever.....Blaze has had a muscle biopsy done and the vet
confirmed that he does have DIM.  ;(

Blaze has been on fluids, Antibiotics & pred daily and will be receiving
Ceratoxin every three weeks (this is the protocol suggested by Dr.
Ramsell).  Yesterday he was trying to get up & walk around especially
when he needed to go to the bathroom which is a great improvement b/c
just 3 days ago he was going on himself and not even bothering to move
at all and today he can pretty much walk on his own...he still tires out
very quickly but he seems to be getting better every day!!  He is eating
good I have him on duck soup, AD cat food & nutrical 3-4 times a day and
he is trying to eat the dogs food (one of his fav treats).  He really
perks up when I take him to the vet for the fluids every day!  I sub at
my sons school occasionally and took Blaze with me yesterday....he was
really curious of all the kids and showed more interest in trying to get
out and explore....He is actually fighting me when I give him his meds
and gets very upset when He wants to leave and I wont let him :).  I
maybe counting my chickens too soon but I see a definite improvement from
just 3 days ago and so I am determined that my little baby is going to
make it!!

Very special thanks to Sukie for the help with getting in touch with Dr.
Ramsell and also to many of you who wrote me with kind words and many
helpful tips...I hope that when this is over and Blaze is healthy once
again that the information we have learned will help the next ferret....
I will keep everyone posted on his recovery!!

Cyndi Johnson