From:
Jennifer B <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 2010 11:38:57 -0800
Thank you SOOO MUCH, Suki, for posting this story about a fallen
soldier and ferret lover!
http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_14319556

As a military veteran and obvious ferret lover also, this really
touched me - esp. since PFC Scott Barnett was sooo young and has now
left behind his precious young, grieving wife (what an unfortunate
way to begin a marriage).

Knowing how supportive the ferret community can be and has been for
so many people, I would like to make a request which I'm sure would
be GREATLY APPRECIATED by Scott Barnett's family (and me, too).

I contacted the reporter who wrote this story and he provided me with
an address for Scott's widow, Nikki Barnett:

Nikki Barnett
190 Arthur Rd.
Martinez, CA 94553

How wonderful it would be if we, as a ferret community, reached out
to the Barnett family with a card or note of condolences? Would
everyone reading this PLEASE take just a few minutes to jot down your
sincerities and send them off to Nikki? Doesn't even have to be a card.
Just send a note - handwritten or otherwise. I'm sure they would more
than appreciate anything and NO gesture is too small! You might want to
mention where/how you heard about PFC Barnett, just so they can know
how far-reaching the news story is.

Let's show our support, as we so often to, and remind this family that
there is still goodness in the world despite tragedy :-)

Again, MANY THANKS!!!

Jennifer Brown

p.s. Contact info for the reporter:

John Simerman
Staff writer
Contra Costa Times/Bay Area News Group
925-943-8072
fax: 925-933-0239

"Our purpose in life is to find our gift, perfect it, and give it back
to others"