From:
Carrie Paps <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:23:59 -0400
Hi Everyone, it's been 6 long months since I have subscribed to the list.
I was laid off my position of 3 years in Advertising after 9/11 and
haven't been in a stable position to re-enlist here.

I have worked the past 6 months temping at one company, the money sucked
but it kept the roof over our heads, the bills paid and the ferrets in
food and litter, that was about it!  In early April I was contacted by a
company (also advertising) and was hired in pretty quickly.  I have been
here a week now and LOVE IT.  The best thing about it.....no more COBRA!
So, with the increase of funds into our pockets (and a tax return too) I
was able to get some much needed ferret medical attention.  Here is the
update on all my fuzzbutts:

Pip, age 6ish: got a Lupron shot about 2 weeks ago, seeing hair growing
back on his little naked mole rat butt but his attitude is still with us.
He never did like the "new" kids.

Scooter, age 5ish: My Dooter boy has insulanoma and has been on Pred
1ml/day for a few months.  He has his good and his bad days.  He has hair
loss all over his body and it doesn't really look like adrenal, more like
thinning hair.  We are debating what to do for him.

Buzz, age 5ish: he has a fatty lump on his side but the doctor feels it
isn't urgent to remove it.  He also has insulanoma and on Pred 1ml/day.

Ben, age 4ish: has a mast cell tumor that needs to be removed, working
with the doctor on payments for this but nothing set yet.  for now we are
putting cortisone on the spot 2 - 3X a week

Bud, age 4ish:  fine!

Ozzy, age 3: Needs to be fixed!  Raping anyone that comes near him and
stinks, but I love him anyway.

Luna, age 3: fine!

Angel, age 4ish: my little deaf girl has a growth on her foot.  I'm
calling it her 6th toe.  The vet has looked at it, doesn't feel we need
to move on it right away, there is a blood vessel in it and he thinks it
might be like an cartilage thing growing.  So far, it hasn't changed
size/shape/or color and she isn't bothered by it.

Thor, age 4ish: Adrenal!  Debating surgery vs. shot.

As for my husband (disabled), his medications have helped greatly with
his quality of life and with mine!  He is helping me out around the house
more but still has issues in certain arenas.

We will be working at the Michigan Ferret show on June 8th, I will be
selling my ferret jewelry (hand crafted by myself) and he will be looking
around and falling in love with another fuzzy to bring home.  So if your
a breeder there, tell him NO!  Don't get me wrong, I would love another
one, but we have other changes coming in our lives soon and now would not
be the time to add an additional ferret to our home.

I'm happy to be back.
Carrie
Pip, Scooter, Buzz, Ben, Bud, Ozzy, Luna, Thor and Angel
Still mourning Dweezil (the King) and Tigger