From:
Lois Caselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 00:25:22 -0600
I just wanted to let you know how proud I am of my daughter.  She was the
reason we started out with our first ferret.  She's 21 now and has been
involved with my ferrets for a long time.  She then started taking in
(therefore we started taking in) dogs for the humane society.  Her other
big passion is birds.  ( She now has taken in 12 small & large birds) She
lives within 50 feet of us and is over all the time looking up bird
rescues.  Yesterday as she was reading about the abused birds she told me
how bad it made her feel and how much she wanted to help them.  She was
almost in tears over them.

After her boyfriend passed away 2 years ago she kind of closed down her
heart & emotions.  She felt like she wasn't worthy.  Dont get me wrong,
she still loved these animals very much but the deep down passion, and
drive was gone.

It's been a long battle but I saw that old spark coming back yesterday.
Best yet, she looked at me and told me that she now understood my want to
help all the fuzzies.

I have told all my family if they were planning on getting me Christmas
then what I wanted was a donation to a ferret shelter made.  Period,
that's all I want.  I don't even care which shelter, just makeI a
donation.

When I told them that, my daugher told me "mom, that's crazy"

Now she says, I UNDERSTAND!

I can't explain the feeling : )

Lois
Missing 8
Hugging 16

P.S.  MY computer crashed so Sharon I'm not ignoring you but I don't have
your address on this loaner computer.