From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 May 2002 00:17:19 -0400
Hi Folks,

Hope things are going well.

My morning started off with a cup of coffee in hand reading the email,
when one subject line caught my eye, abandoned ferrets.

I open it and read that a vet clinic has 5 ferrets that were left in a
box, taped closed, and a lame excuse written on the top, "we have been
abused, find us a good home."  Oh, lame was the office manager's word.

Well, we ran off to pick them up, all needed a bath, that poopy thing.
All are starved.  Two albino females, about 2.5 years old, skin, bones,
dehydrated.  One albino male, same age, not as in as bad shape, but you
can tell he was once a large boy, a blaze boy, same approximate age, very
thin, again, you can tell he was once a large boy, and a tiny light
silver, about 3.5, female, third worst of the group.

All of them as soon as they found food and water drank, ate a little, and
then proceeded to hide food everywhere, like they were not ever going to
starve again, because they would have some hidden.  They emptied two lock
crocks of food, and a three cup ceramic bowl of food in about 6 hours.
And we just keep refilling them, you can look through the room and see all
the piles, some are under towels, some under the radiator, some in the
hammocks, behind the cage, and two very neat little piles in the middle
of the room.

They are all so sweet, just don't try to take the little silver girl out
of the cage, she has to come out on her own.

So now we need names.  Five of them with a common theme.  Two albino
females, one light silver female, one albino male, and a blaze boy.

Got any ideas?

Jean
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter
Rescue*Rehab*Educate*Adopt