From:
Kelly Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 14:57:18 -0400
Hi Everyone,
We left for my grammas Thursday(4/09/98) to go to the vet on
Friday(4/10/98).  However Dr. Marx changed our appointment to the following
Monday(4/13/98) so she could observe Jerry.  Turns out Jerry is fine.  She
was starving herself on the mazuri ferret food.  So now everyone is eating
ONE again and as active as ever.  She said ONE is a good food for them as
they like it and it has the right things in it they need.  Some of you may
not agree, but I have had less problems w/ my ferts on ONE than on Iams or
any ferret food.

As for Champ well I'm so glad I brought him with.  He doesn't have any anal
gland left or a drainage tract at his butt.  Dr. Marx shaved his butt and
had to sedate him because well Champ is a fighter!!  Squirm!  Squirm!  It
seems that the nerves on one side of his rectum are much weaker than the
other and this is causing his poops everywhere & his continous messy butt.
His butt was very sore red raw and irritated and possibly infected.  I am
now applying Panalog ointment 2 times a day & giving him kaopectate 3 times
a day to help make the stools more solid.  This all seems to be helping but
there is a good chance that champ will continue to be incontinent.  He'll
just be my special ferret I guess.  No big deal.  I'll love him no matter
what.

Kelly ferret mum to 4.
http:/members.tripod.com/~rodjones/ferrethead2.html
--
 The fastest way to respond to this message is through the ICQ Network.A
 message sent this way will go directly to my screen.