From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 13:34:55 -0400
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?gid=1423922&messageid=894

>When he began crying and whining when I cleaned his one ear, I sought
>treatment.

Sounds like the ferret's ear is painful.  Could you have caused some
trauma to the tympanic membrane by deep cleaning?  Sensitivity to the ear
cleaner or infectious causes are possibilities too.  This might be one to
get checked out.

P.S.  Currently the most efficaceous treatment against ear mites is
Revolution (selamectin).  I use the puppy/kitten dose.  This not only
takes care of ear mites but is also effective against fleas, ticks,
hookworms, roundworms, and is a heartworm preventative.

Marc Kramer, DVM
--
Marc H. Kramer, DVM
Avian & Exotic Animal Medical Center