From:
Samantha Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 20:46:29 +1200
Reading about ferrets eating cows (slippers) over the past few issues
reminds me of my own guys.

Imagine this:

One animal slipper, well worn, with a few holes in the bottom.  Five
ferrets, all intent on owning the slipper.

I have some 'lion' slippers (complete with opening mouth).  I've long since
worn them into submission, so the ferrets don't bother eating them.
However, the slippers ARE a favourite bed for my fuzzies.  Whoever is trying
to sleep in the slipper (one's a better bed than the other, although they do
swap every so often) protects the bed from the others.  Since this often
means leaving the slipper to protect it, 'ownership' of their makeshift bed
can change hands several times within a few minutes.  It's funny watching
two ferrets trying to shove each other out of the slipper, while not getting
kicked out themselves!  They have lots of fun with it, and when they're not
tired, will often drag it along behind, so other fuzzies can't take their
prize...

Sam