From:
THOMAS D OSBURN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 21:23:23 -0500
Hello everyone - I've been reading for a while now and this is my first time
posting.  I have five ferrets, the last one is a male, which I received from
a friend of a friend who could not take care of him any more.  He will be
three on superbowl sunday.  Rocky is about three pounds and a cinnamon
color.  Just a mellow kind of a guy.  My problem is the strong odor around
the face area.  I have never encountered any ferrets that have this strong
smell.  Around the root of the hairs it looks like wax build-up.  I bath
everyone every two weeks and clean ears every week.  Before I take him to
the vet, has anyone else had this problem?  Maybe suggest a different type
of shampoo.  I use a ferret shampoo.  Is this common in males???

Ferret hugs and kisses,
Mary and five fuzzies