From:
Tressie Dutchyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2009 13:41:30 -0400
Hi Tammy,

I believe Ed Lipinski meant his post as a joke rather than serious
advice about how to deal with a 'biter.' The problem with this kind of
black humor and there are others on the FML who subscribe to it, is
that a novice ferret person may take it seriously. I personally do not
find it amusing but many apparently do. For those of us who aren't
amused - it's best to ignore these kinds of posts and hope like heck
someone doesn't act on the advice.

Tressie
Chair
Ferret Lovers Society of Atlantic Canada
http://www.flsatlanticcanada.org/

[Moderator's note: Personally, I don't think it was meant as a joke. I
don't discourage alternate opinions -- after all, once in a great while
yesterday's quackery is today's accepted doctrine. But at the same time
I do hope people will be smart enough to comment on such "odd" posts
and to use common sense and due caution.  BIG]