From:
John Verbrugge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 1998 09:11:05 -0400
Hi,
I'm new to this list, and I've got a question about my ferrets.  Our first
ferret Cozy (female, 18-months) was doing fine until we got her a playmate,
Jesse (female, 12-months).  I read the FAQ, and I realize it takes a while
for ferrets to get accustomed to each other, especially when a single ferret
gets her first friend.

My problem is that although the former owners of Jesse said she had all her
shots, they didn't give me any papers proving that fact.  I am afraid to let
Cozy and Jesse "fight" and get used to each other, because Jesse may not be
fully immunized against possible diseases.  Am I way off here?

Second question: how rough is too rough for ferret play/fight?

Thanks in advance.

- --
John Verbrugge
"My mind remains a bad neighborhood that I try not to go into alone."
- -Anne Lamott