From:
David and Serena <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 1996 15:26:59 -0500
>7. Remember before you punish me that I have jaws that could easily crush
>   the bones of your hand, but I have chosen not to bite you that hard.
I was skeptical of this bit at first.  My sweeties had never really bitten
me and I thought that an animal that small couldn't rally bite that hard.
Well, now I know it's true.  While my fuzzbutts and I were out for a walk
today, we stopped to take a rest in a grassy area.  Calliope is very fond of
playing with the things in my jacket pockets.  She was nosing around my
pocket when I reached my hand in to get something.  About that time she
decided to chomp on the things in my pocket.  OUCH!  She got my finger by
mistake and actually drew blood in a few places.  I was shocked!  She has
never been a biter, and I know that she bit me by mistake.  She was very
contrite and confused when I cried out in pain.  It really makes me
appreciate just how domesticated ferrets really are.  She could really hurt
me if she wanted to, and she never bites out of anger or frustration.  I
think I'll try to be a little more tolerant with her little quirks (dig,
dig, dig... chew, chew, chew) from now on.

Serena, David & the fuzz-collectors- Calliope and Zen