Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:04:37 -0500
I have four ferrets, ages 1-6.  For over a month now, two of them have
been very lethargic.  They don't play for very long before they flat
ferret or just go back to bed.  They are willing to get up for soup,
though.  Rowdy (his name used to be very appropriate) is now a cuddler
and has adopted his first stuffed animal ever to cuddle with.  Riley
doesn't want to play with his brothers and now prefers to sleep alone.
They both have insulinoma, but their glucose levels are under control
(pedia-pred).  My other two boys are healthy, and don't show signs of
fatigue.  Slinky, though, has started flat ferreting more than usual.

My vet took blood from Riley, and the only thing off was the globulin -
it was high.  The test for liver function (I forgot the name of the test)
was a bit low, but nothing to be concerned about.  About 15 months ago,
Rowdy had this same problem.  His blood sample showed high globulin and
high liver function.  After several weeks of soup, he popped back to his
normal self.  We never knew what made him sick.

There are no other symptoms - just fatigue and that "I don't feel good,
Mom" look.  There room is cool, so heat stress isn't an issue.  Does
anyone have any idea what's going on with my boys?  Please email me at
[log in to unmask] or reply to the list.

Thanks,
Jessica