From:
"M. Taylor" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 13:37:56 -0700
I did something today that I'm going to regret for a while.

I have been looking for a collar for a ferret for a LONG time, and none of
the local pet stores had any here; so I went out of town to look for one.

The store I went to -- I won't mention names -- had a lot of ferret
supplies.  But they had ferrets unbathed and smelly beyond words.  The
ferrets were about 7-10 in a one-level bird cage -- there was no room and
they looked half dead.  One ferret was even sleeping in the litter box.
Worst of all, the ferrets and other animals in the store were on cedar
chips.

They had a ferret collar and I bought it there for $6.  I felt I had to
since I need a collar before I buy my ferret, and I couldn't find one.

My point is that I shouldn't have gotten it there.  I've read a lot of FML
posts where people actually buy from this sort of place because they feel
sorry for the ferrets.  But I think that's wrong.  That's telling the pet
store that it's okay to mistreat the animals.  Instead, perhaps we should be
reporting them to the proper authorities.

Just wanted to let you all know that I regret this and I will never return
to that store.