Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 07:31:08 -0700
My Parris, age 3 was diagnosed with lymphoma last April.  We started
acupuncture in May.  My 2 year old Black Lab has elbow displasia and has
been getting acupuncture treatments for a year.  It worked so well for
him we decided to give it a try for Parris.  She also gets a blend of
Chinese herbs prescribed by the holistic vet.  She is scheduled for
another blood test next month, we'll see if there is any change.  The
only problem is trying to keep her relatively quiet so the teeny tiny
needles stay in, one in each back foot and two in her back.  I spread
Ferretvite very thin on a plate, that keeps her occupied for a bit, then
I carry her around to visit, look out the window, smell the plants, just
anything to keep her still for 10 minutes.  I am not saying this works
(yet) nor will it replace treatment from her regular vet if/when that
becomes necessary.  So far Parris has no symptoms of lymphoma, other than
blood test results.  Both vets are considering her a good test case, as
she is the first ferret (in their practice) to get acupuncture for
lymphoma.  He has treated for adrenal/insulinoma with good results in
some, not so good in others.  We are just hoping for the best for our
Parris.

In Touch, Ardith
mailto:[log in to unmask]