From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 10:28:40 -0500
A few days back, someone was concerned about a ferret that hates to be held.
I don't recall seeing mention of the ferret's age, but it could be just that
s/he's too young.  Our Adjective hated to be held as a kit and really put up
a struggle, biting at first and when trained out of that, just squirming in
obvious distress.  Now, at two, he's much more laid back. He doesn't exactly
seek out cuddles, but he tolerates being held awhile with relatively good
grace and has even been known to fall asleep in our arms.  So maybe time
will take care of it for you, too.

Now, a question.  Our baby, Cyclone, has shown no interest whatsoever in
most of the usual treats that Adj. loves: ferretone, raisins, Ferretbites
and Pounce, etc.  But yesterday he went gaga over Triscuits.  To excess.  He
burrowed madly into a near-empty box, got a faceful of crumbs and came out
sneezing violently and for quite some time.  Well we won't allow *that*
again.  But can anyone tell me if there's anything wrong with offering a
small *piece* of the cracker as a treat if he's still interested?  Thanks.