From:
Ferrets-N-Limbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 06:51:14 -0800
Well, the holidays and vacations are definetely over for all of us here!
The phone calls for surrenders began the day after Christmas and have
just now died down.  We picked up two ferrets last week and have
scheduled surrenders throughout January and Febuary!!  Half of these are
"presents" that are no longer wanted and the other are folks who "no
longer have time" for their ferret(s).  We now have a waiting list for
surrenders with no promises being made.  With no adoptions, we will have
29 ferrets at the end of Febuary, which may seem a small number, but is
1 less than capacity for us.  However, we have been close to full before
and it always seems to work out.

We have had a week of bad news with two of our shelter kids being
diagnosed with Lymphoma and a possible third.  They are all 5+ years.  We
also had two surgeries this week and are hoping that both ferrets pulled
through the night.  Buff had major surgery as he had a huge left adrenal
tumor that had twisted and entangled itself throughout his body.  It was
doubtful if he'd make it through surgery, but he did.  I will call Dr. K
this morning to see how he is.  Lazy had surgery for Insulinoma and also
had her left adrenal as well as 1/2 of her right removed.

Needless to say, it's definetely fundraiser time for us!! ;-)  We do
have our monthly raffle going on.  This month's raffle is for a year
subsciption to Ferrets magazine and next month's will be for a ferret
sized afghan made by Sharon from Kouri's fan club.  We should also have
some ebay stuff up soon and I will post when we do.

Our hearts go out to those whom have lost their ferrets recently and wish
you all well.

Hugs and Dooks!

--
Michelle Alverson, President