From:
Timothy & Cheryl Halley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 01:24:49 -0500
I posted last week about my 5yr ferret and probable adrenal.  The vet
agreed it was early adrenal.  He considered the tennessee panel, but timing
was too long.  He was told he would get results in 2-3 weeks and he wants
to wait that long to see if there is further hair loss.  But I am seriously
thinking that the sooner the surgery is done the better.  My girl has
slowed down and is doing a lot of flat ferret so I am concerned.  The vet
mentioned "de-bulking or de-baulking" the second adrenal, i.e. if the left
is removed then he also takes some of the right adrenal.  He says he has
found this to lead to less recurance of adrenal problems.  I never noticed
this while I was reading adrenal stuff on the web.  I also asked about the
cyrosurgery.  My vet doesn't know it and says he doesn't know of anyone in
Sarasota, FL that does.  But he mentioned calling some of the teaching
hospitals.  Any further advice would be appreciated.  I want to see my
girl her normal bouncy self again.

Cheryl and Sneeuw.