From:
mireille chiasson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 1996 15:50:55 +0000
Hello!

I have a one and a half year old female albino ferret named Antha.  I have
been worried abour her for a couple of months now.  Three months ago i
brought her to the vet because she had some sort of black heads on the tip
of her tail and she was losing hair.  The vet said this was the result of a
hormone inbalance, but that i should not worry about it.  The black spots
are still there and the hair lost keeps stoping and starting again.  My
other little one, Lucy, has no such problem.  The hair lost is considerably
heavy, but there is no bald spots on her.  The hair on her tail did get very
thin but it grew back again nicely.  She is very active and eat's and
drink's normally.  I read in a book that hair lost on a ferret should be
shecked out immediatly, so i made another appointment with the vet for next
week.  If anyone has any suggestions or answers for me please write to me
directly or post it on the FML.

Thank you, Mireille.