From:
Kevin Farlee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 May 2011 22:19:37 -0700
These messages were written by a pair of women that I have immense
respect for, and would give anything to ease their pain. They have
been doing much of the day-to-day care of the healthy, the sick, and
the dying ferrets at the shelter, and at Vondelle's home. They express
better than I can the experience of living through this terrible
experience.

Please, PLEASE make sure that your ferrets are properly vaccinated.
We have vaccinated ferrets coming in to the shelter, but suspect that
either because they had weakened immune systems at the time, or had
never had their initial series of vaccines as kits, that it never was
as effective as it should have been. We're now giving ALL ferrets,
regardless of vaccination history, a series of two vaccinations, two
weeks apart.

If you're ever tempted to say, "Vaccinations are bad" or "Reactions are
dangerous, I don't want to risk it" or even "It costs too much, and
distemper isn't around here, is it?" please understand that there is
no worse situation that I've ever encountered. Do not miss this.

Kevin Farlee
Washington Ferret Rescue & Shelter
http://www.washingtonferret.org/