From:
The Ferretously Funky One <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 11:20:23 -0500
I've been a vegetarian since I was 14 (nine years) and did some library
research while I was in high school to determine whether or not I could
successfully turn the family dog and my little squabs into veggies too.
From what I read, vets are divided on the issue with very few believing you
can get away with feeding a vegetable diet to a carnivorous pet.  (And as
another poster pointed out, that means "survive," not "thrive.")

So it was either give up my furry spuds and get an iguana or accept the
limitations of falling in love with the little meat-eaters.  Well, last I
heard, iguanas don't have fur and they don't dance very well.

I suppose I am betraying my beliefs when I use my paycheck to buy a bag of
Iams..  but seeing those bright healthy eyes every morning while I get my
ferret-kisses kinda puts it all into perspective for me.

Melissa A. Durfee