Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 20:38:30 EDT
Living in California, where Ferrets are illegal, we thought of them as cute
exotics that probably were kept by a few niche pet lovers; of course they
would never play much of a role in NETFOPets!  Well, we were very wrong -
as this issue of our Mailing List will show!

If you are a Ferret lover, you have no doubt heard of STAR*Ferrets, Pam
Troutman's ferret rescue and information dissemination network out of
Springfield, Virginia.  We are very happy to be hosting this organization's
(which has been involved in the placement of over 1,300 ferrets) web page at
http://www.netfopets.com/starferrets.html

And speaking of Ms. Troutman, she has graciously agreed to become NETFOPet's
"ferret subject matter expert"; the first issue of her "Pam Troutman's
Ferrets Forum" column can be seen at http://www.netfopets.com/ptff.html
where she answers questions, debunks myths, posts articles, and operates
the "Too Cute" files.  Please take a look - and send Pam an email from the
attached form!

We also we have a new Veterinary Practice, the Metzger Animal Hospital in
State College, PA.  This practice was brought to our attention in a "Miss
P.'s All Stars Nomination", as one of the vets, Dr. Sharon Marx, donates
time to a Ferret Rescue.  Please review their beautiful page:
http://www.netfopets.com/mah.html

Finally, for all you contest lovers: we should be "officially" announcing=

our new contest in a week or two, and we can tell you now that the
theme is "The One Picture I *Never* Thought I Would Take"; there will
be two contests:

* The Wild Animal Photo I *Never* Thought Id Take While On Safari
* The Pet Photo I *Never* Thought Id take
So start going through those pictures and click those cameras - show time
is near!!!