From:
Nancy Mendiburu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2008 03:55:56 -0500
Hello Everyone,

I have a little girl of about 7 or 8 years old. We just came from the
vet who thinks she has insulinoma but would not know for sure until he
did a bone marrow test, however she is to weak and dehydrated to have
one right now and he wanted to do a blood transfer because she was so
anemic. Right now I am giving her a duck soup that has baby food (beef)
egg yolks and whipping cream. She is eating it on her own right now. My
question is for people that have had experience with insulinma what is
their quality of life like during treatment and their life spans. Is
it worth all the stress of transfusions and transplants and possible
chemotherapy, well is it worth it? Any input would be appreciated.