From:
Bobbi Hunsaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 10:32:06 -0400
I have been to Jean's shelter, and she loves and cares for these precious
fur babies like they were her children.  Obviously, this person who made
the comment, has never been to Jean's.  I've adopted a couple of my fur
children from Jean and I think she is one of the most compassionate, giving
and caring people I have ever met.  She doesn't just take in ferrets
either, she takes in all kinds of animals that irresponsible people dump
on her.  I know she spends many sleepless nights caring for sick animals
and even takes them to work with her so the care is "around the clock".
I'm with Jean, don't comment about ANYTHING you don't know to be fact!!
Whether or not you intended to hurt Jean by your comment, you did.  You
can contact her directly, and I for one, think you should, and humbly
appologize to her.  As it is, there are not enough people out there who are
able/willing to sacrifice what is necessary to run a shelter.  Don't make
them feel like they're not appreciated.  Where would the unwanted ferrets
go?  Just think about THAT one!  Watch what you say.