Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 05:45:29 -0500
I just wanted to thank all of you for your prayers & thoughts on the
passing of Taggert the Therapy Ferret.  We are hoping to have another
therapy ferret that is a natural like he was, so the search is on!

Also, on being a shelter...we don't have a seperate bank account either,
for the same reason as someone else mentioned...money.  We ask people to
simply make out their donations in the name of our vets, or to purchase
items that are needed for the rescue.  We have never had a problem with
people giving cash either.  I guess most of our adopters see the work we do
since our rescue is in a place of business in a shopping center, so they
trust us.  In all honesty it was much harder when the rescue was in our
home!

Jeanine Brawn of the
Ferret Rescue at Mutt Management