From:
"Amoreena G. Ralya" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 1996 00:04:18 -0400
Dear FMLers,

My wife and I have had our four ferrets, Mithril, Molly, Obelix and Cwynn
for several months now.  Molly was our first, and least expected, fuzzy; a
friend of ours warned us that we'd fall in love with ferrets if we handled
one at the pet store, and he was right.

At the present time, however, we have come to the realization that we can't
devote the time and attention to them that they deserve.  To make a long
story short, after a long bout with clinical depression, my wife was
hospitalized recently, and we cannot foresee any way we can continue to
devote the time, money, and attention our ferrets need because our
priorities have been abruptly changed.

We have to sell our ferrets not for lack of wanting to keep them, but for
lack of being able to.  We decided today, after thinking about it for a very
long time, that we need to find them all a good home (or homes), where they
can get the attention that they deserve.

Here they are:

Molly: around 8 months old, sable female, 1.5 lbs.  She's the smallest of
the bunch, and one of the sweetest --- one of the first things she does when
she wakes up is yawn and give you a kiss.  Her favorite pastime is stealing
pens from knapsacks and burrowing through a pair of pants in the laundry.

Mithril: around 6 months old, shaded silver female, 2.5 lbs+.  She needs to
go to an understanding and experienced home: while she is very friendly and
likes to play with people, she also has a tendency to nip occasionally, and
cannot be trusted around noses (for some reason, she thinks that they're a
special sort of rabbit for her to chew into ribbons).  She probably had bad
experiences before she came to us, though she doesn't bite anywhere near as
much as she used to.  She is one of the prettiest, being milk-white with a
pink nose and black legs and tail.  Her favorite pastime is ambushing the
other ferrets, her little pink nose sticking out from her hiding place and
her tail wagging like mad.

Obelix: 8 months old, the bigger male, was sable, is now a strange (probably
roan) grey-silver-sable.  He's usually the one we show to people unfamiliar
with ferrets (he's around 2.5+ lbs.) because he has got to be the sweetest,
most docile, and calmest ferret we've ever seen (his nickname is Obi Wan,
i.e. Star Wars) --- he has never bitten us or anyone else, and is the only
one of the four who will sit in our laps at least for a few seconds and give
us multiple kisses before running off to play.

Cwynn: 4 months, apricoty-colored male, the youngest and most rambunctious
of the four.  He's a really strange color, dark reddish orange with black
legs and tail and chocolate mask and ears, and has the sunny temperament to
go with it.  As a kit he used to chew on fingers a lot (looked like he
enjoyed the flavor) but never bit hard --- he still loves to wolf down food
and water and Linatone, but spends most of his time trying to get the other
ferrets to play with him (especially when they want to sleep) or trying to
play with people.  His favorite pastimes are playing hide-and-seek with us
whenever he's out of the cage, and complaining in a loud, "woe-is-me"
chatter when the ferret he's been annoying for the past ten minutes whomps
on him.  He's nearly the same size as Obelix.

All of our ferrets are spayed/neutered & descented with their shots to date.
We would like to have them go to the best homes possible, so a letter of
introduction via email, as well as filling out an info sheet & an interview,
will be needed from anyone interested in adopting any of them.

We are asking for $75 each: I am explaining why not because I feel any need
to justify it, but to clarify that it is not to make a profit out of our
babies (we paid more than twice of that for each of them), but because we
need the money to help pay for the enormous medical bills that are still
unpaid and waiting from the hospitalization stay: if it wasn't for our
current situation, we would not even think of letting go of any of our
ferrets.

If you or anyone you know are interested in one or more of our ferrets,
please reply in private email to [log in to unmask], with a letter of
introduction.

                                        Sincerely,
                                        Martin N. Ralya
                                        (writing for Anna and I.)