From:
"Cindy C. Sooy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 1996 20:12:20 -0800
My vet has asked me to find out what I can about food allergies in young
ferrets.  She has a few clients who have young ferrets with dry, intensely
itchy skin.  There are no signs of mites, fleas or mange.  There is some
hair loss that seems to be caused by chewing.  She's recommended changing
laundry soap and that has helped one of the ferrets but the other still is
scratching constantly.  How common is food allergies?  Is that something she
should look into or rule out?  Anyone have a ferret with a food allergy?
Thanks for any info anyone can give me.

Cindy