Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 20:20:13 EDT
Hi FMLers!  I read the post from Lisa and her problem with the ferrets
staying in the sofa.  I have [had to] let my fuzzies "decorate" my sofa.
First, they dug a hole through the seat between 2 cushions.  Then they
liked to play on the bottom backing (that is supposed to be the dust
protector I think), to get them out, I had to cut a hole, and then they
shredded it so I cut the entire bottom off.  At this point, I think that I
thought they would stop if there was no fun in it and the fact that I paid
nothing for the couch made me feel slightly better for tearing up my own
property.  I used to try to fix the holes in the seat, but they would just
make new ones, so now they have theyre hidey-holes just where they want
them.  As for the stuffing that covered the slats that the cushions set
on, I let them help me rip it out and then I duck-taped over the rough
parts...they don't like to reach up that high to scratch anyway, but its
better to be safe than sorry.  I can defenately say, that just by looking
at the sofa, you cant tell what has been going on with that poor thing, but
flip it over, and it looks like a duck-taped cave.  Now they like to sleep
under it and guests get a "goose" sometimes when the ferrets sniff up
through the back of the cushions...its funny to see the look on your guests
face...... I do have to say that the next time I get a couch, it will not
be a couch at all...It will be a futon!!

Also, as for the bed...I got a piece of plywood the exact size of the box
springs and set it up on the frame then put the box springs on top of that.

Dooks and Hugs,
Pam with  Abbygayle, Carrot, Mischief, Skippy, Emmy and Ruby