From:
Troy Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:46:52 -0500
I bought 'hail screen', a strong welded wire mesh with 1/4x1/4 holes and
had it stapled to the outside of the window frames.  Our home has old
fashioned raise and lower windows on the inside and storm windows with
regular metal screening on the outside.  The hail screen was stapled on
the outside directly to the wooden window frame.  This way I can open the
windows and if the ferrets scratch through the window screen they can't
scratch through the hail screen.  I had the hail screen put on all our
windows.

The ferrets enjoy laying in the window sills particularly when there is a
soft breeze and when I turn the attic fan on!

When we lived in a mobile home that was metal, we built wood frames and
stapled the hail screen to the frame then used screws to attach the
frames around the windows.

hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart, F.B.S.
Ferret Family Services