From:
Len Jaffe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 1994 09:42:26 -0500

> Date:    Wed, 28 Dec 1994 06:41:05 -0500
> From:    Linda <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: A query from [log in to unmask]
>
> Forwarded for [log in to unmask] --
>
> [ ferret with cataracts ]
>
> She said perhaps it was the "Wiskas" I had given him when he was younger.
> She said that she has seen so few cases like this, but in the two she has
> encountered, they both were drinking that milk substitute. So hey, don't
> ever feed your baby that junk! I guarantee I never will again!!@#^%*

Does Whiskas sell a milk substitute, or are you talking about two
different products?  We've needed to resort to KMR (Kitten Milk Replacement)
on a few occasions, and haven't seen any I'll effects in those ferrets.
In fact, when Davey's mom dried up at two weeks, we had no choice
but to feed him KMR.
So please clarify your position. Which milk substitute are you
talking about?

Our vet tells us that Molly's pinhole cataracts are genetic.

Boo-Boo's may very well be based on his early diet.
Does anybody know what Petland like to feed their ferrets?
Boo-Boo was bought at a Petland, and then his owner fed him
on ground beef, until we saved him.
His cataracts are advanced to the point that he gets angry
if we move furniture, but I beleive he can still see.

> Jim
lenny.