From:
Robert Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 15:47:56 -0500
We awoke this morning with a frantic phone call that Michigans House of
Representatives was finally going to act on House Bill No.  5015.  This was
introduced to the house originally in July of 1997 as a direct result of
Kodo's plight.  It's a simple revision of the current Michigan law and
amends section 2 (MCL 287.892).

To simplify matters, it simply changes the wording of the law to 'force' the
enforcing agencies and all others to comply with the CURRENT Compendium
rather than the ambiguous wording we fought in court with Kodo.

The public hearing is Thursday morning, February 12, 1998 at 8:45 A.M.  If
you're interested and can be there please do.  It's at the least a step in
the right direction.  No ferrets please, but tons of ferret supporters.
With a little bit of luck I hope to be heard so the House can understand
where the problem came in and make the right decision to avoid the confusion
in the future.

Bob Jacobs.