From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2005 19:09:32 -0700
Liz said:
>I was in Sweden last September and visited with ferret people there.
>They don't use cages for their ferrets at all.  One lady I visited has
>her front yard fenced with wooden pickets set close together so they
>can't squeeze through.  Plus she has wire at the bottom so they can't
>dig out.
>
>At a place called Skansen in Stockholm, they have a zoo area with ferrets
>on display.  This is outdoors with a wire fence around it.  Made of, I
>think, 1/4 or 1/2 inch mesh.  It looked galvanized.  Around the top, to
>keep them in, was an overhang made out of metal.  Like you might see on
>metal barns.  It stuck out about 6-8 inches at a downward angle.

Hello !

Thank you, Liz, for the info about Swedish pens.  Do you know how much
wire the woman with the picket pen used at the bottom?  Was it on the
surface or underneath?  Do you remember how far it extended into the pen?

I take it that the pickets were so smooth the ferrets couldn't climb up
them!  Is that right?  How high were they?

Do you think I can use wire to make the overhang around the inside of
the cage to keep the ferrets in?

[RiccoRobertAdaTinaArtie]