From:
Sarah Branham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 18:13:50 EDT
Hi all,
Just an update on Ginger.  We took her to the vet today because when I
came home, her rear end was shaking very badly and her legs seemed to
be bothering her back there.  The vet examined her, and said that the
"scratches" were teeth marks from another animal that had gotten ahold of
her.  She is bruised and swollen to the point of making it hard to walk.
The vet gave her a shot of antibiotics and said that if she wasn't better
by saturday, then to bring her back for another dose.  But (thankfully) she
seems to be doing better already.  I haven't SEEN her use the bathroom yet.
So I gave her some Laxatone last night.  It usually works for my babies
anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.  The vet said it wouldn't work for 18
to 24 hours.  Anyone know anything about this?  I'm still worried because
I STILL haven't seen her use the bathroom yet!  But...the vet said she is
ok besides the bruising.  Second OPINIONS (not diagnosis) would be
appreciated.  Thank you ALL for your prayers and thoughts again,

Sarah,
Ginger "My tummy hurts mommy, bring me some water?", and
Max "Please!!  Let GinGin play with me?!?"