From:
Jean McKim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 10:51:47 EDT
It has been a long time since I posted, although I have been lurking
faithfully.  Reading everyone's posts about the great ferrets they got from
Flemming Farms, I thought I would write about the ferret math in my house.
I had three ferrets, all "preowned".  Sugar is 7, Zorro is unknown, but
probably about 3 and Duncan is 3.  I checked out Amy's web page and fell in
love with all her shelter ferrets.  I went up there intending to choose two
to bring home.  Well, I came home with three.  Mister is a huge bouncer at
almost 5 lbs.  He is a blaze and a real sweetie.  He loves to play.  His
probable sister is Kari and she is also a blaze and deaf, although you
would hardly know it.  She gets along great with the other girls.  Misty
is the sweetest little girl in the world and she and Sugar, the previous
alpha, have really bonded and decided to share the alpha girl position.
Amy and her husband did a fantastic job socializing these guys who were
rescued from a breeder who was not taking care of them.  They do great
with me, my husband and our four kids and any stray kids that happen to
be around.  All the time they spent working with these guys paid off.  My
husband said no more, though, so I guess I am stuck for now.

BTW, I recently found out I am pregnant.  I have had two of my kids with
ferrets in the house before and never felt the need to get rid of them.
I'll watch out for that baby's arm-eating thing though!!  I'll document
all incidents of such amazing feats.  :)

Jean