From:
Bari Himelfarb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 20:29:10 EDT
Hi,
I have 3 ferrets who have had the run of my downstairs and the steps for
2-4 hours every evening for the past 4 years.  We have plexiglas "baby
gates", which we made by bolting plastic slides to the walls, and sliding
the plexiglas through them to block them from going past the top of the
steps, the kitchen doorway, and the hall.

However, we've recently put our home up for sale, are in the process of
fixing it up for that purpose.  Needless to say, it's a little hard to
explain those slides to prospective buyers, and we need to remove them to
paint, anyway.  During the interim, until we move, we need to have some
kind of containment system for them to play, and still get exercise.
We've seen the Marshall Ferret & Small Animal Play Pen and the Midwest
Homes for Pets Small Animal Exercise Pen at the ferret store
(http://www.ferretstore.com/playconun.html) but wonder if they're too
small (with the expansion panels) for ferrets to get adequate exercise
(to use for approximately a month, until our house sells), and/or how
escape proof they are.

Does anyone have any experience with these units?  What are your
experiences?

Can the ferrets move around in them?

Approx. how much square footage do they yield with a set of the expansion
panels?

How many sets of expansion panels can be added?

Can the ferrets get caught in or squeeze through the 1" vertical wires?

Can the ferrets push the panels up, and get out of the pen?

Thank you for any/all help you can offer.