From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 08:06:23 EST
Craig writes:

>I am still concerned for the child's welfare.  It seems obvious that the
>ferret did not bite the child; and, I'm fairly certain that the ferret does
>not have rabies.  However, can anyone say for certain that the animal that
>did the biting did not have rabies? ...

Craig- I agree with you.  I am quite concerned for this child.  Not being a
doctor, I don't know for sure, but I am under the impression that the rabies
series can not be administered to a child under a certain age.  Hopefully
the child will be alright though.  In the long run, provided the child does
not suffer from rabies, hepatitus, etc. from this attack, he is likely
better off being out of that house and away from those people who are in
verbage only parents.

-Anne