From:
Samantha Rosier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Sep 1998 03:56:11 EDT
Hi everyone,

I need a little advice if possible.  About 3 months ago I received a call
from a little girl saying she had to go to California for the Summer and
needed someone to watch her ferret.  One of our shelters took the ferret in
and she went from being a shy, lonely ferret to a ferret that loves to play
not only by herself but also with other ferrets.  THe little girl now wants
her ferret back.  But she now lives in California and I feel uncomfortable
with what the ferret will be going home to.  The little girl is 10 years
old.  But she has 4 siblings all of which are younger than her, the yougest
being 1 year.  Her, her mother and her 4 siblings live in a one bedroom
apartment and have no money.  They can not afford to feed the ferret
anything other than generic cat food and the ferrets cage is to small for a
bunny.  The other kids HATE the ferret and so does the mother.  But the
little girl through a temper tantrum when we suggested that we find the
ferret a new home.  So, the mom said the ferret has to go home to them.
This 1 year old sable female named Lucy, is not going to know what hit her.
we have someone interested in adopted Lucy and a playmate of hers, but the
mother won't here of it.  I am concerned for Lucy and wish there was a way
to prevent her from going home.  Any suggestions?

Samantha Rosier
Club Ferret Las Vegas