From:
weaselwoman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 03:12:42 -0500
I can't believe this is happening again so soon after Buddy.  I went to
the ferret room to let everyone out and to clean cages and I found Laser
at the bottom of the cage, dead!  Still warm but dead.  I can't even
begin to tell you how devastated I am.  The biggest shock of all is that
Laser wasn't even sick!  Or maybe it would be more accurate to say that
he wasn't displaying any signs of illness.  He was out for play time
yesterday and was busy hiding toys with Holly, his cage mate.

What did I miss?  How could I have missed it?  I think I'm getting a
little paranoid.  Was I giving Buddy so much attention, that I totally
missed poor little Laser.  I thought I was trying to give every one
equal attention.  I have never lost a seemingly healthy ferret before.

I got Laser in 1998 as a kit from the pet store.  He was a sable and was
absolutely gorgeous.  My partner (at the time, we are no longer together)
had a wholesale business and was in our local pet store trying to sell
laser pointers as cat toys.  I was playing with a baby ferret.  As the
men were starting to talk money, I jokingly said why not trade the ferret
for the pointers.  To my total surprise both men said OK.  I left the men
to work out the finer details and I went to the car, before either one of
them had a chance to change his mind.  That's how he got his name Laser.

Laser loved to hide stuffed toys with cage mate Holly.  Holly would take
them out of the toy box and hide them under the TV and Laser would find
them and put them back into the toy box.  It was a real hoot watching
them as they crossed paths in the middle of the living room.  He is now
wrapped in part of the orange fleece that Buddy went in, and will be
taken to the vet tomorrow for cremation.

Sandee could I ask you once again to make sure Laser meets up with the
rather large business that has gone before him.  Just to remind you they
are, Moxy.  Baby, Mitzy, Sandy, Beaseley, Bear, Toby, Murphy, Daisy,
Heidi.Casey.  Smokey and Bandit and of course Buddy.  Please tell him my
heart is broken and tell him how very sorry I am if I missed something.
I really didn't prepare him for the Bridge.  I hope he is not frightened.
It's been 9 hours since I found him.  I can't stop crying and I can't
sleep!

Missing 15"Little Angels" @ the Bridge
Sally St. Germain and her 5"Little Saints"
Hi.....my name is Sally.....I am a ferret-a-holic!!!!!