From:
Bill Baran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 11:53:19 -0700
Hi all,

I was wondering what people out there had to spend in order to take care
of surgeries for their ferrets last year.  I feel lucky to know that I am
in an area where I pay some of the lowest surgery fees in the country,
but I still put out $1600 in surgeries/vet costs for my 7 personal
elderly ferrets last year.  You might think that isn't anything really
(and it isn't compared to East Coast prices etc.  ) but our shelter went
through about 40 ferrets last year and the total spent on vet bills for
the entire shelter was $1800.

I'd like to know Where you are; State/Province
How many ferrets needed surgery:
What you had to spend last year: rough estimate feel free to use < or >

I, and other shelters in the network are noticing that many Marshalls
ferrets that come in are needing adrenal by age 3, rather than the usual
4-5. Five of the eight adrenal surgeries that the shelter ferrets needed
were on ferrets just turning 3. Anyone else having this trend?

Ok.. here is my filled in questions:
Where you are; State/Province    Emmett, Idaho vet in Boise, ID
How many ferrets needed surgery: 7
What you had to spend last year: rough estimate feel free to use < or >
$1600

Thanks everyone.  I am just interested.  I love facts and figures.

Laura Baran
http://www.emmmettferret.org